Cable network JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama Mom Needs a Man has a new title and a leading man. The new project from PD Kim Yoon-chul (of Can We Get Married and My Name Is Kim Sam-soon) will now be called the more generic Could We Love. I’m a little bummed because Mom Needs a Man is the more evocative title, but perhaps the PD really wants a series of Coulda Would Shoulda dramas to be his thing.
The drama will star a trio of women all facing forty, each with a different romantic situation a la I Need Romance. Jin Jae-young (My Sweet Seoul) plays a “gold miss” character, who’s happy as the perennial single girl. Choi Jung-yoon (Ojakkyo Brothers) is the housewife and mother (to Jin Ji-hee), while Eugene (Hundred Year Inheritance) is being courted to play a divorcee.
Uhm Tae-woong will star as a film director who lived abroad in the States and was already making waves with short films he made as a high-schooler. He eventually becomes a famous movie director who wins awards at Cannes. He’s described as a prickly perfectionist with a constant stoic expression that’s unreadable, though he’s said to be full of charisma on set. He has a painful past (of course) and has no memory of the mother who abandoned him as a child.
I think he’ll most likely have a loveline with Eugene (if she signs on), because his character ends up working with a new screenwriter who comes out of nowhere, and she’ll be struggling with the recent discovery that her ex-husband is marrying someone much younger than her.
Uhm Tae-woong has already had quite the busy season, having just come off of fusion sageuk Sword and Flower and showbiz movie Top Star. He recently quit variety show 1 Night 2 Days, clearing his slate for all dramas, all the time. Well that’s the hope anyway.
Could We Love follows Your Neighbor’s Wife and premieres December 23.
- Super Junior M’s Henry Is Shocked by PD’s Comment on “1 Night 2 Days”
- SUJU-M′s Henry, g.o.d′s Park Jun Hyung, John Park and Ryohei Otani Filming ′1 Night, 2 Days′ Today (9/11)
- “1 Night 2 Days” Cancels September Los Angeles Trip
- Mixed martial artists Choo Sung Hoon and Kim Dong Hyun to make special appearance on “1 Night 2 Days”
- Jung Joon Young Visits His Parents’ Jeju House for the First Time on “1 Night, 2 Days”
gerrice on Jung Joon Young goes into shoc… gerrice on Jung Joon Young goes into shoc… athena on Jung Joon Young goes into shoc… athena on Jung Joon Young goes into shoc… ilangilang on Kim Joo Hyuk gives up on maint…
- 334,506 hits
- RT @allkpop: Jung Joon Young and Kim Jong Min represent '1N2D' on 'Immortal Song' allkpop.com/article/2017/0… https://t.co/XHYs7xccbk 2 months ago
- Hahaha!!! Oh my gosh!! twitter.com/KBSWorldTV/sta… 2 months ago
- RT @soompi: Jung Joon Young Opens Up About How He Felt During Sexual Assault Scandal soompi.com/2017/02/03/jun… https://t.co/M1cdzmAgIo 4 months ago
- RT @allkpop: Jung Joon Young drops highlight medley loaded with emotion for 1st full album 'The First Person' allkpop.com/article/2017/0… https… 4 months ago
- RT @allkpop: Jung Joon Young is brooding in another teaser image for comeback allkpop.com/article/2017/0… https://t.co/vPN74tWcjh 4 months ago